Community Hospice House Visitor Policy
Thank you for choosing Home Health and Hospice Care to care for your loved one. At the Community Hospice House (CHH), as in all healthcare environments, we must balance the delivery of compassionate care with the need to minimize exposure to Covid-19 to our staff, residents and visitors. Therefore, we have developed the following policies effective 5/24/21. These policies will be reviewed daily and are subject to change.
- All patients admitted to CHH must have:
- PCR test within the last 72 hours prior to admission OR
- A Rapid and PCR will be performed
- Patients with Positive COVID test results
- Daily compassionate visit with 2 visitor will be allowed with visitors wearing full PPE
- All visitors, including the compassionate visitor wearing PPE, will complete the following screening procedure:
- Please enter through the front door to be screened.
- Any visitor experiencing or exhibiting symptoms of illness and/or fever >100.00 will not be allowed to visit.
- Visitors must be 10 days since beginning of symptoms and at least 72 hours since resolution of fever without fever-reducing medications, with improvement in symptoms, before being allowed entrance to the CHH.
- Unvaccinated visitors who traveled domestically outside of New England (New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, Massachusetts, Connecticut, or Rhode Island) will need to quarantine for 10 days or present a negative PCR after 3 days of quarantine.
- Visitors must bring a copy of the negative PCR in order to be allowed entry.
- Fully vaccinated visitors who travel domestically will be excluded from quarantine with documented evidence of vaccination.
- Visitors (fully vaccinated and unvaccinated) traveling internationally will need to quarantine for 10 days before visiting the hospice house.
- Visiting hours are: 10:00 am – 8:00 pm.
- A maximum of 8 individual visitors will be allowed during visitor hours.
- A maximum of 4 individual visitors will be allowed in the patient’s room at one time.
- All visitors must wear a surgical mask at all times and practice good hand hygiene/use hand sanitizer/practice social distancing.
- All visitors should remain in their loved ones room for the duration of the visit. Visitors are not allowed in the any of the common areas, including the kitchen, so please plan accordingly.
- A maximum of 2 individual visitors will be allowed to visit after hours at the CHH and are required to wear a surgical mask at all times.
Thank you again for your patience and for choosing us to care for your loved one. If you have any questions about the visitor policy, or would like assistance with a visit, please call (603) 595-5688 and ask to speak with the Hospice House Manager.