Community Hospice House Visitor Policy
Thank you for choosing Home Health and Hospice to care for your loved one. As you know, delivering care during these strange and unprecedented times presents particular challenges. At the Community Hospice House (CHH), as in all healthcare environments, we must balance the safety of our staff with the ability to care for patients who have or may have been exposed to COVID-19. In an effort to keep our staff safe, as well as other residents and visitors at the Community Hospice House, we have implemented the following guidelines to make it possible for you to safely visit your loved one:
- Please enter through the front door to be screened. Any visitor who currently has respiratory symptoms such as cough, shortness of breath, muscle aches, sore throat and/or fever >100, or other illness symptoms, will not be allowed to visit. We would like to suggest you contact your PCP for COVID testing. You must be 10 days since beginning of symptoms and at least 72 hours since resolution of fever without fever-reducing medications, with improvement in symptoms before being allowed entrance to the CHH.
- We do have the capability of offering “virtual visits.” Please call 603-595-5688 between the hours of 10am-6pm and ask to be assisted with a virtual visit.
- For those without any risk factors, visits can be conducted between 10:00 am and 6:00 pm. We ask that you choose no more than 4 people who will be allowed these visits during your loved one’s stay with us, with a maximum of 2 people visiting at any time. Please see information from the CDC regarding best practices for Infection Control during your visit.
- As your loved one reaches the final stages of his/her end-of-life process, a staff member will notify the designated decision-maker. Two visitors of the designated four will be welcome to visit at that time if so desired. Please note that our staff is excellent at what they do, but every individual is different, as is every illness, and it is not always possible to predict when someone is imminent.
- We would also like to offer your loved one the opportunity for a visit with family:
- Please understand that, in order to preserve personal protective equipment (PPE) and limit exposure, we are only able to offer this visit once during your loved one’s stay. We ask for your patience and understanding, as the process to make this visit safe for you and us is quite cumbersome:
- When your loved one is admitted to the CHH, you will be meeting with the social worker, who will review the Family Visit protocols with you. We strongly encourage you to make arrangements for the family visit as soon as possible upon your loved one’s arrival at CHH.
- A maximum of 8 family members can participate in the family visit. Family members will be defined/chosen by the patient or his/her designated decision-maker.
- All family members should arrive at the arranged time and go through the usual screening process.
- All family members will be asked to wear a mask and use hand sanitizer.
- All family members should remain in their loved one’s room (or on the patio if desired and possible) for the duration of the visit. No one is allowed in the common areas, including the bathrooms, so please plan accordingly.
- The length of the visit can be as long as 60 minutes.
- Thank you again for your patience and for choosing us to care for your loved one.
If you have any questions about the visitor policy, or would like assistance with a visit, please call (603) 595-5688 and ask to speak with the Social Worker.