Community Hospice House Visitor Policy
Thank you for choosing Home Health and Hospice Care to care for your loved one. At the Community Hospice House (CHH), as in all healthcare environments, we must balance the delivery of compassionate care with the need to minimize exposure to Covid-19 to our staff, patients and visitors. Therefore, we have developed the following policies effective 03/24/22. These policies will be reviewed daily and are subject to change.
- All patients admitted to CHH will be screened for COVID-19.
- Patients with Positive COVID test results will be allowed one daily compassionate visit with 2 visitors. The compassionate visit will take place between 10:00am and 8pm. Visitors must wear full PPE.
- All visitors, including the compassionate visitors wearing PPE, will complete the following screening procedure:
- Will enter through the front door to be screened.
- Any visitor who is COVID positive, who has been exposed to someone who is COVID positive, or is experiencing or exhibiting symptoms of illness and/or fever >100.00 will not be allowed to visit.
- Unvaccinated visitors who traveled internationally will need to quarantine for 10 days or quarantine for 7 days with a negative PCR after 3 days of quarantine.
- Between the hours of 10:00am and 8pm, a maximum of 4 individual visitors will be allowed in the patient’s room/patio at one time. No other visitors can be in the building/patio when the 4 visitor maximum has been met.
- Children over the age of 2 years old are counted as part of the 4 visitor maximum.
- Between 8pm and 10:00am, each patient will be limited to a total of only 4 visitors.
- All visitors must wear a surgical mask at all times and practice good hand hygiene/use hand sanitizer/practice social distancing.
- All visitors should remain in their loved ones room for the duration of the visit. Visitors are asked to refrain from using any of the common areas, including the kitchen, so please plan accordingly.
- There will be no exceptions to the visitor policy.
- We ask you to acknowledge this safety measure by signing below.
Thank you again for your patience and for choosing us to care for your loved one. We appreciate your adherence to this policy and in doing so, keeping all the staff, visitors and patients at CHH safe and healthy. If you have any questions about the visitor policy, or would like assistance with a visit, please call (603) 595-5688 and ask to speak with the Hospice House Manager.